Ordination at St. Patrick's Cathedral

Ordination at St. Patrick's Cathedral
June 19, 2010

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Receive the Gospel of Christ!




It was four years ago today at the 9:00 Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral that 12 of my classmates and I, were ordained to the Sacred Order of Deacon. After the ordination, Cardinal Timothy Dolan handed us the Book of the Gospels and said to each of us, "Receive the Gospel of Christ,whose herald you have become. Believe what you read, teach what you believe,and practice what you teach."

Over the four years since my ordination, I have performed wakes, baptisms, visited those in Morningside Nursing Home, assisted at numerous Masses. Through all the work that I have done since being ordained, I still have this joy of doing God's will as a deacon.

One of the residents at Morningside Nursing Home always reminds me of how I am to be grateful in what I do for God and where I am at in relationship with Him. Whenever I see Rosalyn and ask how she is, she responds, always with faith and with that gleam in her eyes, "As God would have me!"

So, as I carry out God's will for me, in whatever I do, I have to recall that it is where God would have me!

This Saturday, June 21st, at St. Patrick's Cathedral 11 more men will be ordained to the Sacred Order of Deacon to serve Christ in His Church. Pray for these men as they respond to Christ's Call with a YES!

Praise be Jesus Christ, now and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment