Ordination at St. Patrick's Cathedral

Ordination at St. Patrick's Cathedral
June 19, 2010

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Immaculate Heart of Mary


The scripture readings for today can be found at www.usccb.org/bible/readings/060416.cfm

As I write this I am on retreat at the Most Precious Blood Monastery in Brooklyn, New York. At morning mass as I read the gospel from St. Luke,  chapter 2, where the account of the finding of the Child Jesus can be found,  the phrase that struck me most is Jesus responding to Mary, "Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?"

We search for Jesus in many different places in our lives,  or we don't search for him at all. It's important that we keep Jesus at the center of all we do. Place Jesus in the center and heart of all your cares and worries. If you have cares and anxiety like the Blessed Mother and St. Joseph in search of the Child Jesus,  know you can find him in his Father's house and he'll help you through your cares and worries.

May the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the loving presence of St. Joseph pray for us and help us in all our cares and troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment